Friday, September 11, 2009

2 Years in that "Better Place".

Wrote this one last year a little after midnight in a booth in a small Hicksville bar.

9-11-08

A year ago today on a breezy sunny day
The last of a dying breed
Extinct of course when most in need
To give advice to your broken daughter.
A lost, sorry and tatterded martyr..
A shell of "sorrys", "I love you" and sorrows.
In a world where I want to wake up to no tomorrow.
But then I smile at the thought of you..
And think of all the things I wish we could do.
I will see you in my dreams forever hereafter
We'll have lots to do when that day is now..
Till then, I miss you.
I hope you know that by now.

-----------
Now today will be year 2. This is what I have for you.

9-11-09

I wonder how you are up there..
The pain is quieter but hurts as much as the first day.
Nothing will ever make this go away..
So many questions this life throws at me
That I wish you could help me answer
A thousand times I wish you could quell my sobbing
A million regrets I try not to have
You were the one that could usually ease this restless mind.
But I still try to stand strong
No matter how much I faulter
Because if there is one thing you've taught me
It is to never give up and never give in
To the evils and devils and demons withn.
I've been numbing myself a lot
But I know this will pass
Because if we are one in the same in some screwy sense,
I will come come out of this on top.
I will try to make you proud till it's my time to cease.
I miss you and love you eternally..
Thank you for being my muse.

Cherish the moments you have with the ones you love and be there for them till the end. Otherwise, your life will be empty and hollow..I assure you. It's not about how many people you know..It's about appriciating the ones who are there.

1 comment: